Christian Life Ministries is able to reach out to others with God’s Word thanks to the many volunteers who give of their time to support our mission.We’re always in need of life-affirming Christian men and women to fill a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. Whether you can help on a regular basis or one time only, we will gladly work with you to find a time that fits your schedule.
Interested in helping out? Call our office at (651) 649-3538 or email us here. If you would specifically like to volunteer at New Day Thrift Store, you may also call the store manager directly at (651) 917-4149.
- Office support: File, organize, sort and send out mailings and letters from Christian Life Ministries and/or New Day Pregnancy Care Center.
- Receptionist: Help out with receptionist duties after our regular business hours (which are 10 a.m.-2 p.m.) when our staff conducts afternoon and/or evening counseling appointments. This involves answering the office phone, greeting visitors and setting up New Day client appointments.
- Contact person for your church: Serve as a liaison between your congregation and Christian Life Ministries, relaying news about events and fundraisers, putting information in the Sunday bulletin, creating bulletin boards, etc.
- Building and grounds maintenance: Help keep the inside and outside of our building in good repair.
- Event planner: Assist with planning special meetings, in-services or fundraisers.
- Marketing: Help Christian Life Ministries get the word out about our ministries and events.
- Cleaning: Individual or groups can assist with ongoing light cleaning or heavier-duty occasional cleaning projects.
- Technology: Lend your computer expertise to help us with hardware and software questions, troubleshooting, equipment purchases, and installation, etc.
- Board membership: Help chart the course of Christian Life Ministries by volunteering for a two-year term on our board of directors.
Hold a Fundraiser!
Support our ministries by coordinating one of these fundraising programs at your church of school. Contact Us for details.
- Adopt-a-crib: Seek donations to underwrite the cost of a new portable crib (or multiple crobs at approximately $70 each), to be given to one of the New Day's expecting mom's. Then display the crib and encourage others to fill it with donated baby care items (e.g., packs of diapers and wipes, crib bedding, baby clothing, etc.),
- Baby Bottle Fundraiser: Collect coins (and bills) for christian Life Ministries using plastic baby bottles that we supply, which are decorated with a Bible verse. Turn them back in to us when they're filled or after a specified collection period.
New Day Pregnancy Care Center
We ask that all New Day volunteers be in fellowship with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) and share our respect for the gift of life.
- Counselors and mentors: Work directly with clients at the center, sharing God’s truth about the children they are carrying and God’s will for their lives.
- Helpline volunteers: Answer calls sent to your home or cell phone from prospective clients who call the New Day helpline.With a quiet, compassionate voice, you can assure a caller that help is available and set up an appointment with a counselor. (We would like to have enough helpliners to cover the phone 24 hours a day.)
- Helpline schedulers: Stay at home and plan the month’s schedule for helpliners.
- Instructors for Loving Moms classes: Share Jesus’ love by teaching prenatal, parenting and practical skills to this weekly group for moms and moms-to-be. Volunteer instructors may teach one or more lessons on topics of their own choosing or that are recommended by New Day staff.
- Post-abortion helpers: Meet in our office with clients struggling after an abortion. Help them understand God’s forgiveness for them with Scripture-based assistance.
New Day Thrift Store
To volunteer at the thrift store, please call (651) 917-4149 and ask for one of the managers.
- In-store helpers: Volunteers are needed to work as cashiers, sort and price merchandise, wash glassware if needed, fix furniture, stock the shelves, do general cleaning and more.While help is needed with all these tasks, no one volunteer is expected to do them all; you can find the job you like to do best.
- Furniture pickup: If you have access to a truck or trailer, pick up furniture items from donors when needed.